My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Cloud, Florida, United States

I'm an asshole. A huge, gaping, freshly fucked asshole.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Sad Rise of the Clip Show


Ladies and Gentlemen, think back to the VH1 of the past. It was the television equivalent to an adult contemporary radio station. It was safe. Boring. Sedate. But one day, I woke up at about 1:30 after a hard night of being punk rock as hell, turned on the television and saw a fresh installment of I Love The 80s. While hearing a vaguely witty comment from Michael Ian Black, I realized that clip shows like those were the future of VH1. The format goes like so: show clips of inane pop culture bullshit, then have D list celebrities comment on them. Now, I never gave a fuck about VH1 to begin with, however there already is E! if you want reality/tabloid/clip show bullshit. And what in the flying fuck is a "celebrity oops"? One of the flagship shows on E!'s shit parade is 100 Most Embarassing Celebrity Oops. This is a show that has *surprise* D list celebrities commenting on how stupid Julia Roberts was to marry Lyle Lovett. Of course, the result of all these shows is a bunch of subpar teenage pseudointellectual pop culture aficionados. Just typing that makes me want to eat my own shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home